Banking Client Saves with Infrastructure Support Services
One of the nation’s largest commercial banking organizations with over 1,600 branches and total assets of $173.4 billion.
In order to meet the ongoing technology requirements of the financial services industry, the client needed to upgrade 10,000 workstations across seven states in its mid-Atlantic and southeast regions within a six-month timeframe. The client needed assistance in managing and coordinating the project, including configuration, installation and remote support activities.
MDI worked collaboratively with the client to provide a comprehensive solution for both technical and project management challenges. MDI provided the following services:
- Overall project management for the rollout, including resource planning, risk management and milestone reporting
- Coordinating installations with local resources to minimize the impact on branch operations
- Supporting on-site installation teams with a remote support command center
- Managing the daily activities of the technical and support staff delivering the migration services
- Staging and configuring the workstations at a central location prior to local site delivery
- Consolidated billing
By selecting a single vendor to coordinate and perform all upgrades, the client realized significant cost and control benefits. MDI helped the client save approximately $200,000 in project implementation costs. These savings were achieved through a combination of effective project management and extremely high levels of project team retention. Not only was the project completed on time and within budget, but staff turnover was five times less than previously experienced with similar engagements.